Sunday, November 10, 2013

Back to Blogging!

Wow, have the last several months flown by! The transition from high school to college has been a little messy: dealing with a different schedule each day; figuring out the perfect balance between school, work, and friends; and missing the taste of real food and fresh vegetables. But despite the many ups and downs, I have been mostly enjoying my time here!

Here is what I've been up to lately on the fiber front:


Yes, I have succumbed to the wonderful Owls Sweater that has been all over the blogs and Ravelry users I follow. It was also recommended for me by several other knitters based on my love of owls and it has been sitting in my queue for quite some time. After several months of on and off dedication, the sweater is complete! I absolutely adore it and it fits perfectly! I struggled in choosing which size to go with, so I made a few extra decreases to fit the waist and made a thinner sleeve and now it fits perfectly! 


Here is a close-up of one of the owls! It took awhile to sew all 38 buttons for the owl eyes, but it was worth it! 

Remember that pretty wool I picked up at Stitches this last August? Well it spun up nicely into around 400 yards of single ply yarn!


I began knitting it up into a shawl and so far this is my progress: 


It is a little hard to do it justice since my needles are a little too short to support the whole shawl to lay flat for a picture, but you get the idea! More pictures to come when it is finished though!


And some other exciting news: I finally have started a knitting club!!! We are called the Fiber Fanatics and we are pretty much the coolest club on campus... I am so glad to have finally found a sizable crowd of young adults who like to crochet and knit! 

That is all for now, but there is going to be a lot more to write about now that I've found the right balance in college and have been knitting more avidly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment