This year I crocheted another hat for Halos of Hope, a charity which gives hats to cancer patients going through chemotherapy:
Last year the hat I made was a little plain so this year I sewed some buttons on the side and the woman at the Halos of Hope booth loved it! I got some free hat patterns so I can make more for next year.
On the fiber front, I bought 12 oz of this beautiful Merino top to spin! I am not sure what it is going to be yet, but I am thinking a simple shawl would show off the colors of the wool nicely.
On the yarn front, I also bought these two skeins of cotton yarn for a really good price! There is probably around 2,000 yards here and I have just the pattern in mind for it. (More on that later, once I check the gauge...)
We recently got a huge bundle of rosemary from my aunt and I have been dying to try making rosemary cookies so that is what I worked on this weekend.
They are different, but I like them! Don't take my word for it, try the recipe for yourself! I found that mine baked for only 14-15 minutes rather than 18-20 though.
College is right around the corner, and I have been hoarding all my dorm room necessities in my closet in anticipation of move in day! One thing I thought I needed (since I plan on baking in the dorm kitchenettes) was a dishcloth.
I found some awesome knitting graph paper and drew my college's logo on the paper and filled in the shapes the best I could. (It is always hard with curvy shapes...)
But I think it turned out scores better than I imagined! I was going to make another with the school's coat of arms on it but... oh look at the time! One dishcloth will suffice!