Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's...

A long, long, overdue blog post! The last several months have been extremely busy; there were so many school related activities going on!

As far as knitting and baking, not much has happened because of my crazy schedule, but finally I have some things on which to report (and another free pattern!)

I recently made a Pinterest account in order to bookmark and save pictures of original Regency garments from online archives (here if you are interested) and started poking around the craft boards. Long story short, I have a list of 60+ crafts that I would be interested in trying in the future and one such craft was custom binding a book!


Here is my book! I found this fabric in my basement and thought it was so pretty! 

Not bad for a first attempt, eh? I am excited to fill it with words and pictures and perhaps some paper embroidery!


Recently, one of my friends commissioned me to make her a drawstring bag. She did not specify a color or pattern so I picked this forest green I thought she would like and improvised my own pattern:


The final result turned out well (at least in my eyes; I have yet to give it to her)

Here is a close up of the checkerboard pattern. (The color washed out a little bit in this picture.)

(I will post the pattern for the bag in a separate post by and you will be able to find it on Ravelry)


On the food front:
I made some savory french toast with some old Italian bread we had lying around and put some fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil on top!

It was pretty tasty if I do say so myself! And rather picturesque too!

I also made some pies but... I did not think to document them until they were already half eaten... oops.



No comments:

Post a Comment