Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Mixed Media Art Experiment

So I have some pretty neat art yarn left over from a class I took this past summer and it is too pretty not to use, but there isn't enough of it to make anything really. I got the idea to make a project on canvas with paint and the yarn from somewhere (not sure where!) and it turned out well!

I bought a little canvas from the store...

...traced it with an abstract design which are flowers in my eyes...

...started gluing the art yarn to the canvas to the shape of my scribbles...

And painted it purple! I absolutely love the colors and I think it turned out fabulously well for a first attempt!

Huzzah for textures and colors!


Also, I have been messing around with my new camera and trying out all the different modes it has. Using the pet portrait mode I have snapped quite a few good picture! Here are my two favorite:

Bela and his reflection! He has spent quite a bit of time watching his reflection, pawing under the door, and meowing at his friend in the glass.

And this picture of Mr. Bingley! 


No comments:

Post a Comment