Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What's New?

Hello! I have been gone for a little while but I am back with some updates!

I have decided to post some pictures of outfits (mostly dresses) that I think are cute so here is my first:

I recently got this dress from Kohl's and I love it! It is black shiny lace over a tan underdress and a black ribbon tie around the waist. The neckline is my favorite part! It is great since you can dress it up for a party or pair it with a sweater to dress it down for casual wearing. I wish the picture quality was a little better, but I'll get the hang of it eventually!


I was recently browsing Ravelry and this pattern was in the "Hot Right Now" box and I instantly fell in love with the idea! It is called Ten Stitch Twist and it is quite a neat blanket! I have around 1700 yards of a yarn from Stitches Midwest that is begging to be touched so I cast on a few days ago! Here is my progress so far:

Mmm how about those colors? And the details of the new camera I got for Christmas! Finally have graduated from 2 mp phone camera to 16 mp digital camera and it is making all the difference so far!


And NOW I have a little DIY project I have just completed this very hour!

It has always been my joke to say "the time is now" whenever someone asks me the time and I recently found some watches on Etsy which have the hands removed and say "Now" on the face of them! They sell for around $30 but I thought I might be able to make them on my own.

I bought this watch from Kohl's on clearance for $6 and this sheet of sparkly purple alphabet stickers from JoAnn's on clearance for $1.

First, I popped off the back with a flat screwdriver, bent the metal rod connecting the time setting knob to the time part itself. Then I took out the rubber ring, the plastic filler, and then took out the watch face. Using the pliers, I cut the second, minute, and hour hands off. I used a permanent marker to black out the name of the watchmaker and then centered my sparkly stickers around the center nub that was left from the hands.

I reassembled the watch and put a few dabs of super glue to hold the watch face in place (since the bar that held the watch face in place was severed before). I also wanted the knob on the side to be there so I put a dab of super glue on the hole and stuck the knob back in place.

Ta Da! I am now in possession of the most accurate watch in the world! Not to mention the girliness of the sparkly letters! 

I saved $23 dollars and got to customize my own colors! 


*Whew* So that is about all I have been up to lately! I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment