Monday, November 5, 2012

A Package for Me?!

Everyone loves getting a package in the mail and today I received the yarn I ordered online from The Loopy Ewe on Friday!! This is the first time I have ever ordered yarn online, but I signed up to be a volunteer knitter over at Delicious Stitches and the yarn she suggested isn't available until next January; past my deadline! So I searched all over the internet to find another brand with a similar colorway and settled on Cascade's Heritage hand painted sock yarn in the colorway Ice Caves:

It is so pretty!

The yarn is so soft and the colors are so delicate; I cannot wait to make the legwarmers! (I am knitting them for a book so I will only be able to post pictures after receiving permission or the book is out!)

A handwritten note was included with the yarn purchase from The Loopy Ewe!  Not only am I impressed with the fast delivery (shipped the day I ordered) but the owner took the time to make a personal note with a cute little doodle! It really brightened my day! I would definitely recommend them for any yarn or other craft related purchases. 


*Blast from the past* Remember this yarn I spun and plied with beads and glittery thread?


Well, I have at last put it to good use in a cowl (yes, another cowl; what can I say?)


Once again, I had no pattern; this is just an improvised crochet pattern. I chained 60, joined it in the round with one twist (it was a little awkward for the first row), then the rest was worked with a double crochet in every other stitch and chaining one in between to maintain stitch count.

***
Sits nicely! Not so much for neck warmth as a pretty accessory, but I really like it! Someone already asked me where I bought it from and they were completely shocked when they learned I made it completely from a pile of wool! 


***I really need a real camera to take pictures that accurately portray the color and details of my projects. Adding it to the Christmas List! 

3 comments:

  1. OOOHH, that dark purple yarn you did is STUNNING! <3

    Thanks for your sweet words about my outfit the other day; I tried to email you back but you're "noreply-comment@blogger.com" :(

    I wrote a post about how to fix it a few weeks ago it you want to do that. ;)
    http://ewe-knitphomaniac.blogspot.com/2012/10/are-you-noreply-commentbloggercom.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I didn't realize I had that setting and your tutorial was easy to follow! Problem solved, thanks!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete