Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Jeopardy Audition!

Today was the day of my highly anticipated Jeopardy Audition! In case you didn't know, Jeopardy is my favorite game show and the only TV show I watch religiously (it starts everyday almost exactly when I get home from school!) and last April I took the online test. This past August I found out I qualified to do take the in person test and interview and have been so excited waiting for this day to come!

The audition location was at a hotel in downtown Chicago so it wasn't too long of a trip for us! When I first walked into the hotel, I was stunned at how posh it was!

I was a little nervous but the lobby was so calming!

The hotel had a gorgeous River-walk inside and outside the hotel so I settled in and took in the view until I was called in! The audition consisted of a written test, a mini game against two other people (yes, with real buzzers!), and a brief personal interview! It was really fun talking with the other hopefuls and hearing their unique stories! Oh, and the best part: we got a couple of goodies:

A Jeopardy pen that looks like the buzzer and a glasses cloth! The categories read: Wipe "Out", The Stain Mutiny, The Smudge Retort, I Can See Clearly Now, The Shining, and Bye Bye Dirty! :)


Due to the secrecy of the questions and everything, I really cannot say too much more (and don't really have any pictures to post) but I will say that it was one of the best experiences and knowing that I passed the test and was one of the few teens selected to come to the auditions for my favorite TV show is enough for me! If I get selected, I will get a call in October so I will be sitting on pins and needles until then...

If you are interested in being on the show, take the online test during the registration here: http://www.jeopardy.com/beacontestant/contestantsearches/
If you decide to try it out, best of luck!


To make up for the general lack of pictures to illustrate my day, here are some cat pictures for your
enjoyment!

Baby Biscuit!!!

 Awkward Teenage Biscuit! He had the longest limbs for such a small body!

Biscuit finishing my crossword puzzle for me... he knows surprisingly little for a cat who has read To Kill a Mockingbird.

4 comments:

  1. this is so cool! congrats on even getting that far, i can't wait to hear more! and little biscuit is so cute— eep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Congratulations and hoping you get the call!!

    ReplyDelete