Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chocolate Fundraiser

Every fall the program I am in at school sells Fannie May candy as a fundraiser for a trip to the country of our language (Spain for those of us taking Spanish, as well as Japan and China was added this year)! I am the queen of peddling chocolate bars and sold 15 boxes of 52 bars my freshman year alone! Even though I may not be able to go this year, I am still going to sell as many as possible because it is so much fun and this is my last year to do it! :( Time flies so quickly, I can hardly believe it is senior year already.

My decorated carrying box.

We got to choose the flavors to sell this year and here are my choices! Mint cookie is brand new and by far the most delectable. There is no rebuttal, it is a fact of life. 

The best part is that each one is only a dollar (cheaper than the store price) so it is an easy sell. Just the name Fannie May is enough to grab people's attention!

"I can haz candy bar??" -Biscuit


Tada! I have at long last produced the first mitt after frogging the lace pattern three times and taking 3 weeks (shameful, I know) to finish the 58 row project. Now I just have to make another; hopefully I learned my lesson with the lace!

Mmm Pasta with homemade tomato sauce (thanks Mom!) with fresh tomatoes from the garden and basil! Perfect meal for a day like today!

In all, today was a pretty good day and I am in high spirits! Maybe I will be inspired to finish the mitts sometime this year! :)



2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about a project that has only 58 rows and it's taken so long to get into it! I am glad I am not alone in this department. Good company and all that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you definitely aren't alone in this department; it happens to me with relative frequency!

      Delete