Sunday, September 16, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!

Senior year is a whirlwind of activity so far and I am hard pressed to find time each day to do some knitting! There is always some homework I could be doing and on top of everything, my computer has suddenly slowed down 1000% for no clear reason. (I am typing this from my sisters' computer) This weekend gave me the opportunity to finally catch up on some knitting and spinning and to take a deep breath.

Yes, I am still working on the mitts from the Jane Austen Knits magazine... but I cast on for the second mitt! My goal is to have them finished by the end of the month. *fingers crossed*


My Spanish teacher from last year had a baby and I have (finally) finished the baby hat and booties I set out to make for her:

I love this Accordion Cap I found on the Knitting Pattern Central and it knitted up in about 2 hours! The only reason it took THAT long was the picot cast on which was new to me. Once I had that sorted out it was just an easy alternation of knitting and purling!


Here are some baby booties to match! I knitted them based off this pattern and modified it so it would have a stripe on the leg and a picot bind off to match the hat! I think they are too cute and almost a "Seussical" look about them.

Here is a skein I spun from the fiber I bought at Stitches! There are only 68 yards here but I am anticipating over 1000 so I have a long way to go yet! Sorry the picture is a little dark, the fiber is a denim blue and is a little hard to take a picture with color accuracy.

Here is a close up of the strands. The color is a little more accurate in this picture and you can see that it's around DK weight. (Did you know that stands for "double knit"? I didn't... you learn something new everyday!)

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend and was able to relax and get some knitting/crocheting/spinning done! Hopefully I will be able to post again soon from my own computer once it is back to normal.





3 comments:

  1. Love the baby hat and booties. I hope your Spanish teacher appreciated the gift and the time! And the spinning ... You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She did really appreciate it and I love sharing my projects with other people! :)

      Delete
  2. How sweet! I'm following you as learning how to knit is on my maternity 'to do' list.Rx

    sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete