Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fashion Twist!

I have a few silky scarves that various members in my family have brought back from trips in Italy and have passed on to me! I wanted to find a new way to wear these scarves and after getting this beautifully patterned one from my grandma...


...and I remembered a magazine article I read somewhere a long time ago that mentioned folding large square scarves into halter tops! To do it, start by folding the scarf in half to make a triangle:


Then take the triangle part at the top (the right triangle made by two ends coming together) and tie it around your neck like this:


Now you have the scarf hanging off of you with lots of folds. Smooth out some of the folds and get it to a spot where you can tie the other two ends around your waist without it bulging and giving you a weird shape. (You may want to fold it under a little and then tie it):


So I have tied the scarf and then tucked the loose ends in to make it look smoother. You don't have to wear the t-shirt if you are really daring or just using it as a cover up at the pool, but I prefer the t-shirt!
Here is the final look:

This picture is shaped a little oddly and it does look better in person... give it a try! I think it's fun, especially with the long butterfly necklace! :)

My dad's garden is thriving and we have been lucky enough to harvest some yummy tomatoes! 


+


=


Bruschetta!! Made with tomatoes, white onion, and some fresh basil from our basil plant! Mmm perfect meal for a cool summer evening if you ask me! 


Biscuit decided to play peek-a-boo on top of our TV entertainment center:

He is just too cute for words! 

Tomorrow there will be some pictures of my finished shawl and a shawl pin I made as well as some new projects I am casting on! 








5 comments:

  1. The scarf is so pretty! Love the halter idea. OO man the tomatoes look yummy!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I thought it was a fun idea! And they were quite tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good idea for the scarves! I don't have any but if I did I wouldn't have known what to do with them. That is what I would do now!

    Your cat is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is pretty neat, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. What a cute little kitty!

    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete