Sunday, May 13, 2012

Announcing My Schacht Ladybug Spinning Wheel!

Drum roll please... Announcing the Schacht Ladybug Spinning Wheel that is now in my possession! I have waited so long to save enough money to buy one and now its all mine! I was so excited to try it out in the store knowing that soon it would make itself a home in my home! I absolutely LOVE all of the features of this wheel! The red wheel and rounded treadles are definitely reminiscent of a ladybug, the carrying handles on either side, and the new tension system is very compact; a great update from the old system! (More on that later!)


Each Schacht Ladybug spinning wheel comes with a little ladybug, in a different place on each wheel, so every wheel is unique! I found my ladybug right behind the drive wheel and can see it as I spin! I named her Schatzi, which means sweetheart in German. It is also a play on words since the manufacturer is Schacht! ;)


For my first roving selections I chose a ball of Corriedale Roving which is a beautiful mix of royal purple, blue, and turquoise (pictured on the left) which I plan on plying with a silver thread later. I also chose two braids of Montadale Top (pictured on the right) in an irresistible mix of light purple, light green, and sky blue!  It took me quite a chunk of time deciding between all the balls and braids that were available, they were all so wonderful! Each time we visit the shop, I feel like a kid in a candy store again, so many colors, textures, and choices! 


*As a side note for the general blog, I plan on posting at least once a week, more over the summer as I have more free time, and then at least each weekend when school starts up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment